Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How to turn a Wine Bottle into a Vase


 I took an old wine bottle and peeled off the label.

Then I spray-painted the whole thing gold, even a little into the inside. Meanwhile, while the paint was drying, I spray-painted my pile of buttons and broken jewelry pieces.

Then, I took dark pink, green and purple oil paint and squirted out blobs onto the top of the bottle. I let them run down to the bottom of the bottle, and then I slightly glazed random areas with gold spray paint again.

After the paint was dry, I used hot glue to put the buttons and jewelry pieces all over the bottle.

So yeah, that's pretty much it. The whole project took about an hour and a half. It's really very simple and pretty fun too!



I love all the little details, especially because each one reminds me of a piece of jewelry I treasured. awwwwwwwww  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment