Friday, January 13, 2012

How to Bake Chicken Legs that taste like they're FRIED!







Fried chicken is the best, but it's nice and fattening. This recipe is definitely not healthy, but it's much healthier than actual fried chicken AND you get the same taste, possibly even better in my opinion! Sweet! Okay, so this is my own personal recipe. I hope you love it!



1/2 cup. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt 
1/4 tsp. garlic
1/3 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 chicken drumsticks
1/2 cup butter, melted
LOTS OF CHILI FLAKES-I would give you an amount, but seriously, I have no clue. I just dump it in. lol  If you smell the concotion and it doesn't burn your nostrils, it's probably not spicy enough, BUT if you don't like spicy food, then go easy on it. :)




Heat oven to 425°F.

Mix the flour, salt, garlic, paprika, chili flakes and pepper in a bowl.

While you are mixing your coating, you'll want to have the butter melting. Melt the butter in the microwave.

Dip the drumsticks into the butter, coating them completely. Then roll in flour mixture to coat them completely. Then, dip them in the butter again and back once again into the flour mixture. You want them to be double coated so as to be extra crispy!

Put the drumsticks in an ungreased or foil-lined square pan.

Bake, uncovered, until done. It usually take about 45-50 minutes.

Yields about 6 drumsticks. I usually have a little bit left over.

These things ROCK! They are my husband's fav recipe of mine! Enjoy! :)


30 comments:

  1. Great recipe! Love fried chicken but always try to avoid eating it! Have a fab weekend dear! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love it too, so when it's possible to bake and not fry, I do! :) I hope you have a great weekend as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious. I'm definitely going to try these

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious!
    I love chicken!!!!
    xxx
    Miss Starshiny

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe looks great...I'm trying it for dinner. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I made this recipe tonight and had to pull the skin off because the flour did not cook. I put it on a chicken leg rack instead of a pan and maybe I put to much coating on it but whatever happened the flour was not cooked. the seasoning were good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sprayed Pam on mine and it cooked the flour and had the oven or 450°

      Delete
  7. So going to try this over the weekend! I have tried baking "fried" chicken before and it wasn't quite there. I will give it one more shot because I think it was the spice-bite that was missing!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah the flour didn't Cook for me either. Blah. Bummer was really looking forward to this working. Didn't even double dip the flour mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was an ok recipe. The batter didn't stick very well on the chicken. It was 'floury'. But the taste was good. I think I'll play around with some spices and see what I can come up with. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this recipe - it tasted amazing! I didn't have any problems with the batter not sticking, and it cooked up just fine for me. DEFINITELY something I'll be making again :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Double this, you can thank me later. Be sure to preheat your oven. It turned out very well for me, although there was no slapping involved. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thought would try one more recipe that tells me I can get crispy chicken from the oven and have decided its my last time to go thru the work followed recipe exactly and the outside was a mushy mess tomorrow fire up deep fat fryer and throw it in see if it will crisp up flavor was good but long way from fried chicken recipe a thumbs down

    ReplyDelete
  13. After the chicken had cooked for 30 mins, I sprayed Pam on the chicken. I had the oven on 450 and did not use the butter. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. was wondering if this can be prepared in advance, refrigeraded, then baked a few hours later?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now this is exciting! I have kind of a phobia of serving undercooked meat and usually burn my pan friend chicken. Trying this recipe tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fixed this for lunch today. Absolutely awesome. Love fried chicken but hate the mess. This is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Made this tonight for dinner. My (lo) he's 5, loved it. It was a hit. My batter didn't stick that well at first and I was scared I was going to dry chicken out of I turned heat up to 450 degrees but it turned out great! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete