Thursday, December 15, 2011

JFK: I Am A Jelly Donut

Okay, so I LOVE this shirt design. To many, it may not have any meaning or make any sense, but let me tell you why it is so funny.


John F. Kennedy made a mistake in his famous
"Ich bin ein Berliner" speech in Berlin, Germany.
  He was supposed to say "Ich bin Berliner" 
("I am a citizen of Berlin"), but instead,
 he said, "Ich bin ein Berliner," meaning
"I am a jelly doughnut."  (A "Berliner" is
 in fact a type of jelly doughnut made in
 Berlin.)  One of my German teachers
taught me this, and I never forgot it!
Can you imagine traveling across the
 world to make a very important speech,
 and accidentally telling  everyone that 
you're a jelly donut? haha

Well, anyway, I found this shirt on HeadlineShirts.net  Here is the link!

http://www.headlineshirts.net/jfk-jelly-donut-t-shirt.html



3 comments: